Want to know The Truth About CPM?

28 September 2014

Oracle OpenWorld, day 1

Oracle OpenWorld 2014 Day 1

The craziness has begun

To be absolutely accurate, I’m actually on day three of OpenWorld 2014 as I attended the ACE Directors briefing (Ooh, name dropping.  All I can say is that there are ACE Directors and then there ACE Directors.  I’m definitely in the how-on-earth-did-I-get-here? category and I think I’m not the only one who agrees with that.) on Thursday and Friday last.  

Part one

I am now sitting in the first session of the ODTUG symposium and am listening to Jon Rambeau of US Analytics presenting his session:  Why does EPM seem so challenging?  A good practices guide to EPM implementations

Part two

Ron Dimon is now presenting his session on The ROI of EPM as a Management Process.  Like Jon’s session, this is not a technical session but a functional one.  We EPMers have to walk both sides of the street; I tend towards the technical but I have to do functional as well.  This is all good stuff.

Part three

I’m now sitting in on Scott Leshinski’s session:  Managing Your Company’s Cash: Using EPM to Capitalize on Future Growth [UGF9092].  Don’t you wish you were here?  Why aren’t you?

How does ODTUG end up at OpenWorld?

Oracle quite graciously gives each major user group a room to present symposiums – we have fantastic content this year (every year, actually) and I’m really looking forward to the rest of the sessions today.  Thanks again, Oracle, for your openness and support of ODTUG.

What’s next?

I’m going to continue liveblogging today’s Hyperion EPM symposium and the rest of OpenWorld and keep you unbelievably jealous up to date on what’s happening at OpenWorld 2014.  Keep on checking this blog post for more information.

In addition to the symposium, I have a (we’ll be part of the great podcast series that Bob Rhubart puts out through the OTN ArchBeat  podcast program) recording session for a podcast with Gurcan Orhan, Michael Rainey, and Christophe Dupupet on my very favorite data integration tool, Oracle Data Integrator.  I have some exciting news about the future of ODI and EPM that I’ll try to get out.  :)  

Alas and alack, I will miss a few sessions but again, the I-wish-I-had-a-clone-for-this-conference theme holds true.  

Be seeing you.

No comments: